Not just any old potato soup, but a POTATO HAM CHESTNUT SOUP made from jars of produce from the storage cupboard.
Mix and whip
- 6 small, steamed potatoes (hopefully in the future I will have some potatoes preserved)
- 1/4 c ground chestnuts (from the freezer)
- some chopped onions in butter
- stir in some flour to thicken it
- add milk until it is a lovely thick soup consistency
- the whipped potatoes and chestnuts
- one pint of cubed ham, drained
- seasoning: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
(It was suggested by someone that I try Chipotle pepper or smoked paprika instead of the cayenne. Another suggestion was to add chopped kale, broccoli raab or chard at the last minute for added taste and nutrition)
- do you have a favourite potato soup recipe?