I made this recipe with a twist - I used a jar of my zucchini "mock pineapple".
The Pineapple Cake ~ first time I've ever baked in a cast iron frypan ...
- I oiled and heated up my frypan in a 375 oven
- cream together: 1/2 c butter and 1 c sugar
- add 3 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4tsp vanilla extract
- stir in 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (I used a jar of my zucchini "mock pineapple" preserves)
- add 4 c soft bread cubes (about 5 slices)
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Let cool and dish out
- Put remainder in another container and wash out the frypan (which is a breeze with a seasoned cast iron pan)
In the oven
Out of the oven
- Rick: "that was very VERY nice. Like bread pudding with pineapple."
- Me: I put WAY to much on my plate… oh I ate too much!!
NOTE: the "mock pineapple" is shredded zucchini preserved in pineapple juice mixture.
- do you use cast iron in the oven?
- have a favourite recipe?
- have you used "mock pineapple"?